* [9fans] oseekb dd option
@ 2014-04-01  8:46 Adriano Verardo
From: Adriano Verardo @ 2014-04-01  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Testing an rc script under Bell and Atom I noted that Atom dd doesn't
implement the "oseekb" option.

bs=1 allows to seek at any given byte offset but, what is the impact on
speedness ?

And, in any case,  isn't it a (IMHO small) portability problem ?

adriano

* Re: [9fans] oseekb dd option
@ 2014-04-01 14:46 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-04-01 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Apr  1 04:47:27 EDT 2014, adriano.verardo@mail.com wrote:
> Testing an rc script under Bell and Atom I noted that Atom dd doesn't
> implement the "oseekb" option.
>
> bs=1 allows to seek at any given byte offset but, what is the impact on
> speedness ?
>
> And, in any case,  isn't it a (IMHO small) portability problem ?

let me think about this.  i think i have a plan 9 solution, but it will
take a day or two to code up.

- erik