* RE: [9fans] newuser on fossil
@ 2004-02-25  8:28 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2004-02-25  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hmm, the home directory /usr/matthias exists but there is no entry
> in /adm/users. Fossil(4) refers to /active/adm/users which doesnt
> exists.

You won't see /active in a directory listing because the default argument
to mount is main/active. See fossil(4).

>How do I quit fscons?

The question is, how to quit con(1), not fscons.

Tiit

* Re: [9fans] newuser on fossil
@ 2004-02-25  9:42 ` gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2004-02-25  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

If you want to update your /adm/users with fossil accounts, you can do

% con /srv/fossil
prompt: fsys main
main: users -w

if i remember correctly. But better read the man page for fossilcons.

To exit from con use ctrl+\ and press q. Read the man page for con.

Gabi.

Quoting Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>:

> Moin,
>
> finaly I got my standalone fossil/venti up and running. The machine
> boots with venti and snap -a runs successfully.
>
> Now I try to add a new user to the system with
>
> con -l /srv/fscons
> fsys main
> uname matthias matthias
>
> I get "file does not exist"
>
> Hmm, the home directory /usr/matthias exists but there is no entry
> in /adm/users. Fossil(4) refers to /active/adm/users which doesnt
> exists.
>
> Is /active/adm/users the same as /adm/users?
> Works newuser(8) with fossil to?
> How do I quit fscons?
>
> Fossil/Venti looks very cool but the way is very steep. Sorry for the
> stupid questions.
>
> Matthias

* [9fans] newuser on fossil
@ 2004-02-25  8:13 Matthias Teege