* RE: [9fans] Can a single plan9 running on vmware be connected to internet?
@ 2003-09-08 10:15 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-09-08 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>I am a freshman to Plan9. The system can detect my netcard, but how
>can I config it? Should I build a complete network of plan9? Can I
>browse web in Plan9?

It depends on your VMWare config. If you are bridged and there is a DHCP server somewhere
on your LAN (by far the most common case) a
	ip/ipconfig
is sufficient. Take a look at /rc/bin/termrc and also read the relevant page in Wiki,
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Network_configuration/index.html

As for the browsing, you'll probably want Charon, but that comes with Inferno.
See http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/

Tiit

* [9fans] Can a single plan9 running on vmware be connected to internet?
@ 2003-09-08  9:10 Big Rice
From: Big Rice @ 2003-09-08  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans