* RE: [9fans] Beginner question on how to change owner of files in fossil
@ 2004-03-09 18:05 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2004-03-09 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is there any immediately usable command similar to chown for use on a
> srv -AWP mounted tree?

chgrp

* [9fans] Beginner question on how to change owner of files in fossil
@ 2004-03-09 17:39 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2004-03-09 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

some time ago I upgraded my machines from kfs to fossil/venti using
the homegrown kernel (as described on the wiki page, this was before
the fossil/conf times) that uses a fossil without srv -AWP support.
In order to do a pull from sources, I created a special admin user,
who is a member of the sys group.

So, obviously, lots of new files that I have pulled subsequently are
now owned by my admin user.  And this leads to those annoying "cannot
change attributes" messages during pulls.  I have now rebuilt my
kernel using the latest, greatest fossil.

What is the most straightforward way of reverting all files owned by
my admin user to sys?  I have so far attempted doing just a pull, this
has no effect, bar giving me the usual warning.  I have attempted a
pull -s, which has absolutely no effect whatsoever, doesn't pull
anything as far as I can tell.  I have attempted removing the
offending files, but a pull only reports that it won't update "locally
removed files", and an explicit pull -s of an explicit deleted file
has no effect at all (again).

Any ideas?

Do I have to build a special purpose fossil that allows srv -AWPp?

Thank you very much in advance,
Robby

PS I am having difficulties using the pcf and pccpuf kernels, but I
   haven't yet played around enough to figure out what I might be doing
   wrong.  I just get a screen full of lots of 80...=something and a dump
   of the registers.  I'll play some more.