* [9fans] unused types in a.out.h
@ 2004-04-05  9:01 Derek Peschel
From: Derek Peschel @ 2004-04-05  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Just getting the details while it's still easy.  These numbers currently
have no x_MAGIC definitions in a.out.h.  What CPU and value of x, if any,
used to go with each?

0 through 10
14
15

Are there short and long names for the little-endian MIPS 3000 (type 24
in a.out.h)?

-- Derek

* Re: [9fans] unused types in a.out.h
@ 2004-04-05  9:19 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-04-05  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Since b is used as a base (radix) in _MAGIC and digits in that radix
include 7, values of b less than 8 aren't sensible.

* Re: [9fans] unused types in a.out.h
@ 2004-04-05  9:48   ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-04-05  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Early on, it appears that 8 was designated for the vax, 10 for the
hobbit (letter z), 14 for the HP-PA.

* Re: [9fans] unused types in a.out.h
@ 2004-04-05  9:56   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-04-05  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

in the days of the 11 the a.out header value was the instruction to jump
over the a.out header.

* Re: [9fans] unused types in a.out.h
@ 2004-04-05 10:19 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-04-05 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i did 3c.  i don't remember the details.  looking at libmach
may help but i think some of my stuff was excised for the
distribution because it was not relevant - someone correct
me if i'm wrong.

btw LE R3000 is the co-processor on the ps2.

brucee

@ 2004-04-05 10:53     ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-04-05 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i use z now for the suite for the avr, on the grounds perhaps
that it's the last thing you'd choose to use (although as always
the processor is fairly irrelevant once C gets going), and certainly
that the hobbit is probably the last thing i'd find now.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1716 bytes --]

From: Geoff Collyer <geoff@collyer.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] unused types in a.out.h
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 02:48:41 -0700

@ 2004-04-05 11:04   ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-04-05 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the powerpc is q[acl] because i was still working at
a university when i did it, and i thought it wouldn't
be universally popular if
	mk clean
removed not just powerpc object files but pascal source
as well.