* [9fans] Madness (Was: pty attr race/issue)
       [not found] <20080307173359.GA17207@asim.lip6.fr>
@ 2008-03-07 18:59 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2008-03-07 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Extracted from a recent message to NetBSD "tech-kern":

> while working on xen3 xenconsole/xenconsoled I ran into a difference
> between the linux way of doing pty attributes and ours.

Why would Xen need to get involved in PTY mangling?  I can just see
it: Xen won't run your brand of OS because it does not provide a PTY
implementation.  That surely narrows the choice somewhat...

++L

* Re: [9fans] Madness (Was: pty attr race/issue)
@ 2008-03-07 22:10   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2008-03-07 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Why would Xen need to get involved in PTY mangling?  I can just see
> it: Xen won't run your brand of OS because it does not provide a PTY
> implementation.  That surely narrows the choice somewhat...

Presumably this is for the console in the host system, not guests.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Madness (Was: pty attr race/issue)
@ 2008-03-08  5:57     ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2008-03-08  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Presumably this is for the console in the host system, not guests.

Even then, it enforces unnecessary restrictions.  Surely there's
something more portable than TTYs out there.  Although the VNC stuff
doesn't look much better.

++L