* [9fans] Getting updates on a cpu server?
@ 2002-12-18 10:42 Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2002-12-18 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm in the middle of trying to convert a p9 terminal to a cpu server.
I followed the instructions in the wiki, and all seems to be well.  I
can boot off the "pcdisk" kernel and use the machine as a terminal, or
I can boot off "pcauth" and run it as a CPU/auth/KFS machine.  When
its running as the cpu server, I can access it via drawterm or ssh.

How do I install updates?  When I try to run replica/pull.. as bootes
from the console, I receive the following:

 post...
 srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com!9fs: mount failed: authentication failure
 bind: /n/sources/plan9: `/n/sources/plan9' does not exist
 servermount: bind 766: bind

If I reboot the machine as a terminal, login as glenda or my own
account, then replica/pull... works fine.

             Adrian

Adrian Tritschler    mailto:Adrian.Tritschler@its.monash.edu.au

* Re: [9fans] Getting updates on a cpu server?
@ 2002-12-18 13:59 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-18 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

By default the factotum on CPU servers
does not prompt for extra keys, since
there's typically no one sitting at the console
to give them.  You need to preload the
factotum with the sources key, or start
a new one:

	auth/factotum
	9fs sources

or

	echo 'proto=p9sk1 user=bozo !password=not.telling dom=outside.plan9.bell-labs.com' >/mnt/factotum/ctl

Russ