* [9fans] install hang update
@ 2004-06-22 17:29 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-06-22 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Well,

I changed my unknown nVidia card for an vanilla S3,
and Plan9 now boots fine from the CDROM (thanks Matt),
however it still hangs booting from scsi.

Intrestingly when it has hung ^t^t^q prints
	nrdy 0

nothing ready?

^t^t^p lists

	PID CMD
	23	rc
	32	timesync
	26	mntgen
	29	cs

which looks plausable

With default args timesync (where it hangs) is
probably reading #r/rtc, perhaps I have found a
deadlock in /dev/rtc?

I'am not sure where to look next, is it worth
the effort or should I just scrap this box?

-Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-22 17:29 UTC | newest]