* Re: [9fans] bleeding edge sources
@ 2002-10-08 16:10 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-08 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The update process is described in replica(1).
There's an example at the end.

The typical incantation (assuming you have
network connectivity) is

	disk/kfscmd allow
	replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network
	disk/kfscmd disallow

If you've updated recently, glenda has a script
called pull in her bin/rc directory, so if you're
logged in as glenda, you can just do

	pull

or

	pull -s

if you want to overwrite local changes with server
changes when conflicts occur.  If you don't log in
as glenda, you can use

	cat >$home/bin/rc/pull <<!
	#!/bin/rc
	exec /usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull $*
	!
	chmod +x $home/bin/rc/pull

Russ

* [9fans] bleeding edge sources
@ 2002-10-08 16:05 ` John Saylor
From: John Saylor @ 2002-10-08 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

( 02.10.08 11:58 -0400 ) Russ Cox:
> Would people find it helpful to have a ``bleeding edge''
> CD image of the whole sources archive regenerated
> every night that you could use to update if you can't
> get to sources from inside Plan 9?

Yes, that sounds good [even though I'm just starting to use plan9].
Also, are the instructions on upgrading from inside plan9 in the wiki,
or on a man page, or in a document somewhere?

Or will it become clear as I get more comfortable with the system?

--
.--- ...