* RE: [9fans] Need Docs
@ 2002-09-16  0:59 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-16  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

.tgz packages are just tar.gz's containing files.
you're on your own for those.  most of them are
non-plan9 software anyway.

* RE: [9fans] Need Docs
@ 2002-09-16  0:36 ` Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2002-09-16  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yeah , I think I just got it tied in a knot. I was able to copy the files
out of the python dist and place them accordingly. I think it`s time for a
clean istall. I`m paying for my earlier sins from not reading all the docs.
Thank you for you patience and all the help.
Adding packages in the *.tgz form, do they work the same way or do I just
extract them with gunzip and tar commands?

From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-16  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Vita Nuova package just has the manuals that
you've found online.  If you find things missing
from the Wiki, add them.  That's what it's for.

You probably didn't want to create any directories
under /n/kfs.  You mount kfs by running 9fs kfs.
If python is installed, you should be able to type
python at a prompt.

Your best bet is to read the introductory papers (the
first section at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc)
and then poke around at the man pages.  Intro(1),
intro(2), intro(3), intro(4), and intro(5) are definitely
a good start.

Russ

* [9fans] Need Docs
@ 2002-09-16  0:06 Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2002-09-16  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I`ve been reading alot of the papers man pages etc,
Does the virtuo Nova manuals provide any extra documentation
on setting up. I hate to keep asking newbie questions.
The Wiki is a great help , but without Russ, I don`t think I could even
mount
the cd. The python was able to be installed after I created directories,
inder /kfs
but no python to be found.
Any ideas ?