* [9fans] fun proto bug
@ 2009-07-25 16:29 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-07-25 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i apologize for not hunting this down, but i don't want to
get diverted from hunting other bugs right now.

; cat /tmp/allproto
+
; disk/mk9660 -9cj -b bootdisk.img -p /tmp/allproto /tmp/9atom2.iso
warning: proto lists rc/bin/kill twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/postscript/troff/hx twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/hb twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/hi twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/hx twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/charlib/lh twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/charlib/rc twice
warning: proto lists sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/charlib/rh twice
warning: proto lists sys/src/cmd/postscript/devpost.add/c1 twice
warning: proto lists sys/src/cmd/postscript/devpost.add/c2 twice
warning: proto lists sys/src/cmd/postscript/devpost.add/c3 twice

- erik

* Re: [9fans] fun proto bug
@ 2009-07-25 17:13 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2009-07-25 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:29 AM, erik quanstrom<quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
> i apologize for not hunting this down, but i don't want to
> get diverted from hunting other bugs right now.
>
> ; cat /tmp/allproto
> +
> ; disk/mk9660 -9cj -b bootdisk.img -p /tmp/allproto /tmp/9atom2.iso
> warning: proto lists rc/bin/kill twice

You don't say where you are running this command,
but I bet a case-insensitive file system or file system
protocol is involved.  There should be rc/bin/Kill and
rc/bin/kill but it sounds like both are appearing as
lowercase kill when proto reads the rc/bin directory.
The same goes for the troff dups.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] fun proto bug
@ 2009-07-25 21:48   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-07-25 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > ; cat /tmp/allproto
> > +
> > ; disk/mk9660 -9cj -b bootdisk.img -p /tmp/allproto /tmp/9atom2.iso
> > warning: proto lists rc/bin/kill twice
>
> You don't say where you are running this command,
> but I bet a case-insensitive file system or file system
> protocol is involved.  There should be rc/bin/Kill and
> rc/bin/kill but it sounds like both are appearing as
> lowercase kill when proto reads the rc/bin directory.
> The same goes for the troff dups.

good call.  there are indeed two kill entries.  this is a
filesystem served by 9660srv.  i can't explain why the
case insensitivity snuck in.

- erik