* [9fans] CPU/auth server panic at boot
@ 2003-09-21  8:17 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-09-21  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

yesterday I changed my setup in that way, that the cpu/auth server
bootes from the fileserver. The cpu/auth server get its kernel from
a dhcp/tftp server which runs under FreeBSD. Yesterday it works,
today it is broken. ;-)

I changed the timezone (cp GMT local) and try to reboot the cpu/auth
server. The server download the kernel and ask for the root
location. I set the bootargs in plan9.ini so I only hit enter.

After that the boot process died with the following message:

auth_proxy rpc write: coonection refused trying mount anyways
boot mount /: attach -- unknown user failed auth
panic boot process died unknown

For me It looks like, that the server can't authenticate because
there is no auth server. The chicken egg problem.

What is the "workaround"?

Many thanks
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- http://www.mteege.de
make world not war

* Re: [9fans] CPU/auth server panic at boot
@ 2003-09-21 13:35 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-09-21 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If the cpu server and the file server use the same authid, authdom, and password,
you've solved the huhn/egg problem.

I don't understand how it could work one day and not the next.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2912 bytes --]

From: Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To: 9fans <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] CPU/auth server panic at boot
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:17:45 +0200

@ 2003-09-21 14:17   ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-09-21 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org> writes:

> I don't understand how it could work one day and not the next.

Playing without understanding. Try and error and one passwd to
much. Now it works and I love it.

Many thanks
Matthias