* [9fans] Help needed installing from CD
@ 2001-12-19 14:04 Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2001-12-19 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been trying to install plan9 to an IBM 300PL machine, after
fiddling with the vgadb file I've got the display to come up, albeit
with a great big ugly mouse pointer that seems to include the pointer
plus a 64x64 block of random pixels.

anyway...

I downloaded plan9.9gz and have written it to a CD in a directory
"plan9"

With the CD in the destination machine, I boot from the install
floppy, when it gets to the point where I can pick a distribution
archive, I select "local" and it finds /dev/sdD0/data (iso9660 cdrom)
I then enter that and select "browse"

I can cd to /plan9, lc shows the file, then exit and select "unpack"

I get the error message
archfs: reading archive: bad format
wrap/inst: no such package found
cp: can't create /n/kfs/lib/vgadb: file does not exist

and back I go to choose "unpack"

How do I install from CD?

        thanks,
                Adrian

Adrian Tritschler    mailto:Adrian.Tritschler@its.monash.edu.au
Microcomputers, Infrastructure Services    Tel: +61.3.990.54794
ITS Division, P.O. Box 28C              Mobile: +61.408.145.149
Monash University, Vic, Australia, 3800.   Fax: +61.3.990.54746

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-19 14:04 UTC | newest]