* [9fans] 9fans@21c3
@ 2004-11-30 12:15 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-11-30 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The 21st Chaos Communication Congress (21C3) is a three-day
conference about technology, society and utopia. The Congress offers
lectures and workshops on multitude of topics, including (but not
limited to) information technology, IT-security, internet,
cryptography and generally a critical-creative attitude towards
technology and the discussion about the effects of technological
advances on society.

The Chaos Communication Congress is the annual congress of the Chaos
Computer Club e.V. (CCC). The Congress has established itself as the
"European Hacker Conference" bringing in people from all over Europe
and even further away.

The congress not only addresses the techno geek but also those who are
interested in appliances and aftermathes. A part of the lectures will
be held in English, the rest in German. The language used for each
lecture is clearly marked in the conference program."

This congress will take place between 27th and 29th dec 2004 in Berlin
Congress Center, Germany. For all 9fans this could be a great
opportunity to present Plan9 to an interested audience, have
discussions and small talk with like-minded people and get feedback
too. We are planning to build a Plan9 network in order to demonstrate
the Plan9 idea and its opportunities. Furthermore related projects
(Inferno, v9fs or plan9ports) shall be introduced.

We will try to show the idea of Plan9 in all its fantastic bandwidth.
That means, if someone has an interesting project in mind or is
able to make resources available, we will be very grateful for an
information about this.  It would be cool, if we can mount a tv card
from Japan and watch Japanese TV in Berlin. Feel free to send me your
comments, ideas and code. You can send me an email or use the
21c3-9fans-Projektpage on
(https://21c3.ccc.de/wiki/index.php/9fans). We also looking for some
merchandising ideas, posters and products of plan9.

The performance we are talking about depends on the space we will gain
in the hackcentre - or not. The decision about this will be definitely
on 16.12.2004.  If you are thinking about visiting the 21C3 in Berlin,
please drop me a note.  The hackcenter space is limited, that means,
it will become closely there, I must organize some more seats.  If,
contrary to expectations, we don`t get enough space in the hackcentre,
we will organize a BOF talk.

Hope to see you in twente and/or in Berlin.
Matthias

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-11-30 12:15 UTC | newest]