* [9fans] Thank you for fanless mobo recommendations
@ 2007-12-18 10:38 Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2007-12-18 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I just wanted to thank everyone for the recommendations for fanless
motherboards.  I will have a great new year investigating these.

Here's the summary:

http://www.soekris.com/net5501.htm
	This looks fab (and Geoff recomends it).  I'm undecided
	between this one and the ALIX.

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm
	This looks great and appears to be readily available to
	consumers (in the UK for example:
	http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=180 ).

http://www.compulab.co.il/iglx/html/iglx-sb-datasheet.htm
	Due to shipping from Israel, this is a bit pricey.  See also
	http://www.fit-pc.com/ , which is Compulab selling the
	http://www.compulab.co.il/iglx/html/iglx-enc-datasheet.htm to
	consumers.

VIA MS10000E
	It was the VIAs that got me onto the fanless bandwagon in the
	first place.  But I have now had a string of bad experiences
	(the DMA issue with the 5000, poor video and audio on a M9000,
	but I do have one M10000 with a fan, that appears to be
	alright).  If I read the news correctly, VIA are getting out
	of the board market and are concentrating on the chipsets
	instead.

I also stumbled into the world of the PC/104 form factor (e.g.,
http://www.wordsworth.co.uk/ ), which looks very intriguing.  But the
options are endless, and that makes deciding a bit hard.

Robby

--
email r.raschke instead of rrplan9

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-12-18 10:38 UTC | newest]