* [9fans] bdf2subf
@ 2002-09-23 16:26 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-23 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I finished my attempt at bdf2subf.  I've run it against several bdf
files I found on the net, and feel comfortable enough to put it out
for limited testing.  It has correctly handled well formed files, and
has caught syntax problems in a few files that were in error based on
my reading of the specifications.  If anybody is interested email me
for the sources.  If there is enough interest, I will mail to the list.

pseudo man page:

usage: bdf2subf [-r] -f bdfile [hex-hex]

-r	prints the contiguous ranges in the BDF file (for later input to
	itself).  The printed ranges represent the value of the ENCODING
	keyword in the BDF file.
hex-hex is the range of chars to extract in hex.  (values of the
	ENCODING keyword).

to convert a whole bdf file use something like:

	for (i in `{bdf2subf -r -f infile.bdf}) {
		bdf2subf -f infile.bdf $i > 'U+'^$i
	}
to generate a range of Subfont files.

Format of the BDF file needs to conform to the "Glyph Bitmap
Distribution Format (BDF) Specification", Version 2.2 (22 March 1993)
by Adobe Systems Inc.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-23 16:26 UTC | newest]