* [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution
@ 2008-03-14 16:33 Fco. J. Ballesteros
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2008-03-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Well, finally, I have been able to use this thing for a whole
day^H^H^H testing period without seeing it crash or corrupt one of my
files.

At http://lsub.org/ls/octopus.html you may find links to omero.src.tgz
and to omero.dis.tgz Also at /n/sources/contrib/nemo/octopus

There are man pages included and a readme detailing how to run it.
(http://lsub.org/sys/oman has the entire man for the octopus).
olive(1) contains all the information needed to learn to use this
weird thing, although you might need to refer to Plan 9's sam(1) or
its tutorial regarding the command language.

I wouldn't use it other than to test and try it.  It might eat your
files.  I'll be using it instead of Plan B's omero from now on and
it's likely that most of the bugs remaining will bite me in the near
future.

To avoid adding noise to the list, I'll be updating the distribution
in the web and sources but I wont send further announces regarding
this thing.

BTW, this time I'm using charon's fonts and I wont believe that it
crashes for you due to fonts (it will do for all other things,
probably).

thanks in advance for any stack dump :)

* Re: [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution
@ 2008-03-17 12:52 ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2008-03-17 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello!

When I make the "Close" action on the main window (the upper left brown
square), I have got an error on the host console:
[Wtree] Broken: "Segmentation violation"

I hope this stack dump helps you:

closetree(p=@89fe8b8) wtree.b:272.17, 29
         dp=nil
         i=0
treeproc(t=@89fea58) wtree.b:695.3, 16
         rp=@89fe8b8
         o=@89febb8
         op=@89febb8
         blocked=nil
         elems=nil
         onhold=nil
         op=@89febb8
         released=nil
         blkd=0
         newname=[0] ""
         p=nil
         tt=nil
         force=0
         pelems=nil
         ppath=[0] ""
         x=nil

BTW, after building from sources I have got an error:

% o/ports
% o/mero
% mkdir /mnt/ui/s0
% o/x
cannot load /dis/o/tblks.dis: link typecheck Tblks->init()
72566fd2/10098dba

I use the 20071003 inferno package (sorry, I can't get more fresh sources
 from svn).

--
Best regards,
   santucco

* Re: [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution
@ 2008-03-17 14:13   ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2008-03-17 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yet another stack dump.

When I make the "Write" action on the "Ox" in a directory listing window,
I have got an error on the host console:
[Ox] Broken: "Segmentation violation"

The stack:

run(tr=@83006b8, ed=nil, what=[5] "Write") x.b:144.2, 18
         dir=[13] "/usr/santucco"
         cmd=[5] "Write"
         nwargs=1
         wargs=@8a14198
         path=[0] ""
         nt=nil
         fd=nil
         where=[0] ""
         col=[0] ""
         e=79
         e=[0] ""
         scr=[0] ""
         ck=79
trevent(tr=@83006b8, op=[4] "exec", arg=[5] "Write") x.b:237.2, 19
eventproc(evc=@830d158, xc=[10] @8344408) x.b:279.4, 28
         ev=@8a13eb8
         evarg=[5] "Write"
         tr=@83006b8
         ed=nil
         tr=nil
         what=[4] "exec"
         id=3
         tid=3

--
Best regards,
   santucco

* Re: [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution
@ 2008-03-17 17:10     ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2008-03-17 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

cool.
I'll fix these and update the distrib when I get back in town.
thanks