* [9fans] About usb mouse wheel
@ 2010-02-26  7:18 Adriano Verardo
From: Adriano Verardo @ 2010-02-26  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi, all.

The wheel of all USB mice I purchased in the last year is not managed by
Plan9. All of them work
perfectly with FreeBSD and Windows. No problem with Plan9 using the PS/2
interface + adaptor,
but notebooks have only USB ports.

The products on the (italian) marketplace change frequently. To try
different models/brands is not a
solution.

Is this problem solvable configuring usb and/or mouse or I have to
patch the "kb" code  ?

Thanks in advance.

adriano

* Re: [9fans] About usb mouse wheel
@ 2010-02-26  9:00 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2010-02-26  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This requires changing ptrwork() in kb.c

The wheel works for some mice I have, and is
reported by |0x80 or |0x10 in said function.

It might be your mice reports the wheel in some
other way.

You might just add a print to see what bytes your
mouse sends. (bytes given by robustread to ptrwork()).

Shouldn't be hard to fix.