* [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-25  7:45 Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling
From: Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling @ 2007-04-25  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Because *I don't care*, it was ron who wanted to know, in case you
>didn't notice. Or are you accussing me of not working hard enough on
> *his* homework?

I'm not accussing you of anything, I'm far too bussy teaching ravens
to fly underwater.

While I'm here - Bruce, I'm very keen on attending the forthcoming
tapas event in Sydney. My  lady wife, whose name unfortunately escapes
me, is coming to Sydney to see a musical about a bus, and I am
planning to accompany her. Would it be all right if we stayed with
you? The last time we came to Sydney we stayed with some very nice
young men we met in a hotel in Paddington, but we got very little
sleep because they made us stay up all night watching Judy Garland and
Joan Crawford movies.

* Re: [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-24 22:50   ` Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2007-04-24 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I had something like that in mind for organising my music, but I never
got around to taking it from the idea stage. It seems to be the most
intuitive.

--
Christopher Nielsen
"They who can give up essential liberty for temporary

* Re: [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-24 15:38   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-04-24 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 4/24/07, Bruce Ellis <bruce.ellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> don't underestimate the insight of abhey shah, IWP9 2006.
> he showed a file system that can be accessed thru many paths.
>
> we had some tapas and beer and he got me onto a jukebox solution.
>
> /beethoven/concertos/piano
>
> should have the same contents as
>
> /concertos/piano/beethoven

I like it.  And, it would fit the 'experimental' category that I need
it to fit to allow me to put up a jukebox (now you know). Where do I
get it?

ron

* Re: [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-24 14:40   ` W B Hacker
From: W B Hacker @ 2007-04-24 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Uriel wrote:
> On 4/24/07, Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling <greebling@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you forgot, why didn't you check the contrib index? It was setup for a
>> reason.
>
> Because *I don't care*, it was ron who wanted to know, in case you
> didn't notice. Or are you accussing me of not working hard enough on
> *his* homework?
>
> And I agree with brucee that abhey shah's idea is cool. Are there good
> tapas in Sydney? I think I know what paper I will submit to the next
> IWP9: tapafs.
>
> uriel

With all this 'tapa' stuff, you might want to join one of the more convivial
College Fraternities whilst in Sydney:

Tapa Kega Day

;-)

Bill

* Re: [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-24 13:08 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2007-04-24 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-04-24  9:58     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-04-24  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

luke - trust the tapas.

@ 2007-04-24  9:52   ` matt
From: matt @ 2007-04-24  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I thought that was me :)

but hey, it's only a few binds, have them on me anyway

> don't underestimate the insight of abhey shah, IWP9 2006.
> he showed a file system that can be accessed thru many paths.
>
> we had some tapas and beer and he got me onto a jukebox solution.
>
> /beethoven/concertos/piano
>
> should have the same contents as
>
> /concertos/piano/beethoven
>
> tell me if i'm wrong.  i haven't had time to help him but he hasn't
> asked.
>
> brucee
>
> On 4/24/07, Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling <greebling@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > p9p has its own juke-thingie I forgot the name of.
>>
>> If you forgot, why didn't you check the contrib index? It was setup
>> for a
>> reason.

* Re: [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-24  9:41 ` Bruce Ellis
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-04-24  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-04-24  9:38 ` matt
From: matt @ 2007-04-24  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

While I appreciate the sarcasm, p9p juke isn't in contrib

http://swtch.com/juke/

> > p9p has its own juke-thingie I forgot the name of.
>
> If you forgot, why didn't you check the contrib index? It was setup for a reason.

* [9fans] jukebox jury - uriel's a miss!!
@ 2007-04-24  9:04 Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling @ 2007-04-24  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans