* Re: [9fans] Has DMR retired?
@ 2007-12-18  0:39 dmr
From: dmr @ 2007-12-18  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes, as of end of June.  However, I have a consulting
contract with BL (w/ office and badge).  Life hasn't
actually changed that much.

  Dennis

* Re: [9fans] Has DMR retired?
@ 2007-12-17 17:08 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2007-12-17 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

During his IWP9 talk he mentioned he had retired.

uriel

On Dec 17, 2007 5:03 AM, Douglas A. Gwyn <DAGwyn@null.net> wrote:
> Somebody edited the Wikipedia article "Dennis Ritchie" to insert
> a rumor that he retired from Bell Labs/Lucent (or whatever the
> company name is) this month.  I reverted the edit until we can
> obtain some reliable confirmation.  Does anybody here know?
> Thanks!

* Re: [9fans] Has DMR retired?
@ 2007-12-17 12:26 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2007-12-17 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yes.  There was a reception in his honor on October 5, I believe.

-rob

On Dec 17, 2007 9:03 PM, Douglas A. Gwyn <DAGwyn@null.net> wrote:
> Somebody edited the Wikipedia article "Dennis Ritchie" to insert
> a rumor that he retired from Bell Labs/Lucent (or whatever the
> company name is) this month.  I reverted the edit until we can
> obtain some reliable confirmation.  Does anybody here know?
> Thanks!

* [9fans] Has DMR retired?
@ 2007-12-17 10:03 Douglas A. Gwyn