* Re: [9fans] ESP/KFS, etc
@ 2002-04-08 14:01 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-04-08 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I think you'd be better off using the SSL kernel
device driver than trying to implement ESP from
scratch.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] ESP/KFS, etc
@ 2002-04-09  9:18 ` Don
From: Don @ 2002-04-09  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com (Russ Cox) wrote in message news:<5aabea5deafc5acdeec1fab04220a35a@plan9.bell-labs.com>...
> I think you'd be better off using the SSL kernel
> device driver than trying to implement ESP from
> scratch.
>
> Russ
Probably. Though I frequently fail to do what I'd
be better off doin' :)
Don
http://www.7f.no-ip.info/

* [9fans] ESP/KFS, etc
@ 2002-04-08 13:00 Don
From: Don @ 2002-04-08 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Heyas,
    I made the sick mistake yesterday of trying to hack
9pcfs on to my Compaq Armada 7770DMT. Oh well, it was
fun anyway. The IDE drive _bombed_ out and wont be
usable until I fix the first few sectors or whatever
holds the hdd's info. (On boot the machine complains
of disk controller failure). Anyways, I took out the
drive and decided to turn the box into a diskless
terminal because I cant take it out of the house anyways
since the battery decided to commit sixteen bit suicide.
Using my CPU/Auth server as a file server via the 'listen'
command in KFS I'm successfully booting the terminal with
no problems what-so-ever. However, I'd like to wrap the
file server connection in ESP so everything my terminal
sees isn't in the clear. I read through esp kernel code
and wrote some test programs, but, I am still unsure of
the best way to implement ESP over a IP connection. Does
anyone have any sample code that might be relevant in this
situation?
Suggestions? Code? Etc? Kthx.
Don (north_)
north_@www.7f.no-ip.info