* Re: [9fans] exportfs/import
@ 2002-11-11 16:50 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-11 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you can't just run exportfs at the command line.
you have to set up a network listener to run exportfs
on an incoming connection.

usually you start all the listeners by running

	aux/listen tcp

though you could start just one for exportfs
by doing

	aux/listen1 tcp!*!exportfs /bin/exportfs -a &

then you should be able to do the import that
you were trying.

* Re: [9fans] exportfs/import
@ 2002-11-11 16:08 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-11-11 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You need a listener.  man listen (or listen1) and/or look at /rc/bin/service/tcp17007

* [9fans] exportfs/import
@ 2002-11-11 15:45 Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-11-11 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

I'm trying to accomplish exporting a fs from one terminal
to import it at another.  Fairly basic, though I haven't
done so before. ;)

I'm trying:

term% exportfs -a -r /dev

with the assumption that I'll be able to:

term% import -a bootes /mnt/term

on the other machine.  When executing exportfs, however, I get
the following error:

exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd

pointers?

Sam