* [9fans] Plan9+S3 765 chipset
@ 2000-06-30  8:25 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2000-06-30  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi to all.. I need help with this card

The message error speaks about a problem with "frame buffer"... where
can i find the the string for this card or chipset ?

tnx in advance

* Re: [9fans] Plan9+S3 765 chipset
@ 2000-06-30 13:50 ` Wladimir Mutel
From: Wladimir Mutel @ 2000-06-30 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

plan9 <plan9@freemail.it> wrote:

> Hi to all.. I need help with this card

> The message error speaks about a problem with "frame buffer"... where
> can i find the the string for this card or chipset ?

	I think you may pick enough expressive identifying string from the
	video bios dump you may be getting. Remember its starting address
	(e.g., C004B) and symbols, e.g. 86C765. Find appropriate string
	group in vgadb on boot diskette and insert there the string you
	found in dump, obeying the string format.

	Try to boot from diskette again. If your graphics works well now,
	do
		disk/kfscmd allow
		a:
		cp /n/a:/vgadb /lib/

	then try to boot from harddisk again.

	However if you get something different from video bios dump,
	you just have to give us more information.

--
mwg@alkar.net