* [9fans] netkey for Plan9
@ 2000-06-29 13:40 Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2000-06-29 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does anybody has source/binary for netkey to run under FreeBSD/Linux?

- ishwar

* Re: [9fans] netkey for Plan9
@ 2000-06-29 21:09 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2000-06-29 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello.

>Does anybody has source/binary for netkey to run under
FreeBSD/Linux?

Look at ftp://plan9.aichi-u.ac.jp/
then you will find netkey for FreeBSD.
I don't have netkey for Linux only because I cannot find the manual
for encrypt function of Linux.
Encrypt of Linux is incompatible with others.
If someone send me the manual, I will ....

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* Re: [9fans] netkey for Plan9
@ 2000-06-30 15:40   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2000-06-30 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20000629204158.249.qmail@nx.aichi-u.ac.jp>,
  Kenji Arisawa <arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> >Does anybody has source/binary for netkey to run under
> FreeBSD/Linux?
>
> Look at ftp://plan9.aichi-u.ac.jp/

Look at:

    http://www.planete.net/~boyd/code/des.msg

It has some plan 9 support.  Can't be too hard to write
netkey from that.  From the comment:

There are two parts to this; a UNIX DES implementation and some Plan 9
support for UNIX which uses the DES implementaton.  The Plan 9 support
gives you encrypt(2) and netcrypt(2).

The only significant difference between my DES and the Plan 9 DES
is that Plan 9 packs a DES key into 7 bytes, while I use 8.  In the
Plan 9 support there's a function (des9key) which does the key
conversion (Plan 9 -> 8 bytes).  The versions of encrypt and decrypt
should call des9key() before invoking deskey(), so it's transparent.

The DES implementation has a Makefile, manual entry and test program.
The Plan 9 support comes with no Makefile support, that's up to you.

[the DES is not fast, but it is correct:  correctness, then speed]

--
Boyd Roberts                               boyd@psycho-basket-case.org

    ``I come over here to kill them cocksuckers, not work for 'em''

          -- Moon Dog, _Pettibone's Law_, John Keene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.