* [9fans] starting to code/work on '9
@ 2000-11-27  9:41 Wave++
From: Wave++ @ 2000-11-27  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I never posted on this ng so I don't know why use the [9fans] tag in the
subject (but sounds great so I'll use it =))

For some weeks I saw for the first time the plan9 working an a pc x86 and
I started working on it... simply fantastic :), minimalist graphic (great
pastel colors ;)), the sam editor is really great and the OS structure
promises very well so I tryed to download and then install plan9 on my
x86 box.. but here starts the agony :((..
sound works, graphic also.. everything started perfecly on the install..
(also my fastethernet card works correctly!!!)

the damn thing that make me crazy are the scsi drivers.. ONLY 3 drivers
supported ? And obviously not mine... *gargh*.. plan9 setup hangs when
selecting destination disk telling me:
 "no avaible disks"

I've tryed all the three drivers (spending one day to download all possible
combinations for boot floppyes) on these 2 controllers: aha2940uw and
asc29160 (both aic9xxx compatible but unsopported :(( ) so on my all-scsi
box nothing works. Maybe it's in project to make a driver for these
controllers? Or there's a way to build a plan driver without having plan9
installed?

bye all you luky people that have plan9 working on your own machines
*sniff*.. not me

(only god knows how many imprecations I said today)

* Re: [9fans] starting to code/work on '9
@ 2000-12-01 15:09 Wave++
From: Wave++ @ 2000-12-01 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20001127172706.A4D96199D5@mail.cse.psu.edu>,
tad@vampira.csh.rit.edu wrote:

> If you are serious about working on a SCSI driver for Plan 9 for your
> SCSI card, I have a plan 9 machine on the 'net that I could give you an
> account on.  You could use it to do your compiles if need be.
>
> -Tad

It could be a great idea.. maybe do you now where to search info about
plan9 drivers?

* Re: [9fans] starting to code/work on '9
@ 2000-11-27 17:26 tad