* [9fans] What format is the archive of the distribution ?
@ 2002-02-15 13:36 Thomas Baruchel
From: Thomas Baruchel @ 2002-02-15 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I want to study some files in Plan9. I read the licence and
I agree with it. Then I downloaded the 60Mb file, and
managed to uncompress it with gzip (after having
changed 9gz to gz). Then I have an archive which doesn't
seem to be a tar archive. How can I extract files from it?
(I mean from a linux station)

* [9fans] Re: What format is the archive of the distribution ?
@ 2002-02-18 10:14 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2002-02-18 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thomas Baruchel wrote:
> ... Then I have an archive which doesn't
> seem to be a tar archive. How can I extract files from it?

Some of us have written dearchive utilities.
Mine is at my other computer at the moment or I'd send it to you.

* Re: [9fans] What format is the archive of the distribution ?
@ 2002-02-15 13:50 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-02-15 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's like a tar archive, but not quite.
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~wkj/Software/9e
has a Unix program to pull the archive apart.

The 9fans archives have a perl script somewhere too.

Russ