* [9fans] Problems ,help me!
@ 2000-12-11  9:53 Sunset Yang
From: Sunset Yang @ 2000-12-11  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

  I'm novel to plan9,but eager for help,Thanks.
  I have installed it to my hard disk successfully.But When I want to
run it,it refuse to go to the graphic user interface.Just stopped at
executing rc.And display an error message:can't get ip information,then
echoes the % command prompt.I can't get the draw device via my limited
knowledge about plan9.And Also,the man page was so boring under text
console enviroment.It dumps all the messages without a pause and
without scroll,how can I see??Also,in text console,is there an text
edior in it?I can't see large text files then.
   Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* [9fans] Re: Problems ,help me!
@ 2000-12-12  9:27 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2000-12-12  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sunset Yang wrote:
>   I have installed it to my hard disk successfully.But When I want to
> run it,it refuse to go to the graphic user interface.Just stopped at
> executing rc.And display an error message:can't get ip information,then
> echoes the % command prompt.

If your graphic card is supported, then typing "rio" will
bring up the GUI.

> Also,the man page was so boring under text
> console enviroment.It dumps all the messages without a pause and
> without scroll,how can I see??

pipe into "p": man whatever | p

> Also,in text console,is there an text
> edior in it?I can't see large text files then.

"ed" and "sam -d"