From: David Swasey <swasey@cs.cmu.edu>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] current environment?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:06:39 -0500	[thread overview]

I have a linux box on my LAN that holds code for other systems.  I
work in acme, using u9fs+p9any for editing, ssh+make for batch
compiles, and win+ssh for interactive work.  (The SML/NJ compilation
manager recompiles faster when used interactively.)

A nightly cron job does replica/scan && replica/pull to copy changes
from my linux box to my file server so the dump gets a copy of my
source.  This is very handy.

I sometimes have to work with remote machines over a slow link.  I use
unison to propagate changes between my linux box and these machines
and VNC+whatever for editing

-dave