* [9fans] current environment?
@ 2003-02-13 18:43 James A. Robinson
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: James A. Robinson @ 2003-02-13 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone here in an environment where they use Plan 9 tools to write code
for other systems?  I'm in a job where I write lots of java, sql, and
perl for running on various solaris machines.  I use the X11 port of sam,
and used to use wily (a partial clone of acme) to write the code on the
machines the stuff needs to compile on.

I've been thinking of setting up a system where I run Plan 9 inside
vmware, using local disk to edit the code. Then rsync the data into
place as needed. But that seems kind of kludgey. Anyone in a similar
position w/re to writing code which won't be running on a Plan 9 box?
What do you do?

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@stanford.edu
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
650-723-7294 (W) 650-725-9335 (F)