* [9fans] simulataneous icmp conversations
@ 2003-11-05  4:33 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2003-11-05  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I would like to use ip/gping to do health checking more than 16 servers.
But the number of simulataneous icmp conversations is limited to 16 in
/sys/src/9/ip/icmp.c.

Should I change 16 to 64 or greater and recompile the kernel, or
change ip/gping to open/close pingfd everytime an icmp echo-
request-reply-cycle completes?

* Re: [9fans] simulataneous icmp conversations
@ 2003-11-05 16:15 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-11-05 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Go ahead and up the limit.  I'll change it to 128 on sources.  We've
got a lot more memory than we did when I first wrote the code.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2474 bytes --]