* [9fans] fixes to unicode fonts (not in the plan9 distribution)
@ 2003-07-22 23:23 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-07-22 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you're using any of the 10646 fonts converted to plan9 recently you may
have observed that some of the characters are missing (most notably -- tilde
(~) isn't there).

this was traced to a bug in bdf2subf which caused the last glyph of any
subfont not to be displayed. corresponding man page snippet from cachechars(2):

	 The info array has n+1 elements, one each for characters 0 to n-1 plus
	an additional entry so the size of the last character can be calculated.
	Thus the width, w, of the Image associated with a Subfont s is
	s->info[s->n].x.

bdf2subf wasn't creating the n-th array index.

the new, updated packages are on the web at the same place:

	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/fonts/

including even the 18x18ko korean glyphs we couldn't encode the last time.

I've tested all fonts to the best of my knowledge using 'unicode
0x0-0xffff'.

andrey

ps: the fonts that look the best are:

 	10x20 6x13 7x13 8x13 9x15 9x18

pps: i've started the efonts conversion, but that'll take a few hours. then
testing is a few more, so wait until tomorrow to download ~70mb of fonts :)

* Re: [9fans] fixes to unicode fonts (not in the plan9 distribution)
@ 2003-07-23  5:55 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-07-23  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> bdf2subf wasn't creating the n-th array index.

As Homer would say: D'oh!