* [9fans] venti bad block
@ 2004-08-16 17:03 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-08-16 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Just in case anyone is interested...

I beleive I understand the cause of my problems - a sick scsi card.

I was in the middle of ingest-ing some old backups, using snap -a. I closed a window
unrelated to this operation and when my machine hung, Rio still popped
up its menu but when I opened a window it too hung, ^T^T^Q shows 0 rdy.
I guess this means fossil has deadlocked.

The resultantant fossil/venti was bootable so I ran
"fsys main check fix venti" then rebooting into kfs I ran
checkareanas -f, checkindex -f, and flchk (which now seemed happy).

however I had discovered one (and I think only one) corrupted directory
which the above checks didn't find. Its not a problem as the files are static
and accessable through other dumps, I was just surprised.

larch% ls /n/dump/2003/1219/usr/local/386/bin/c++
ls: .: venti i/o error block 99ec7f81016931a2ced383a1a39163eaa996b24d: no block with that score exists

-Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-16 17:03 UTC | newest]