* [9fans] select
@ 2003-12-11 21:16 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-12-11 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I pushed out a new one to fix the links problem.  It works but
leaves a process lying around (apparently an old problem).
I'll fix that next.

* Re: [9fans] select
@ 2003-12-11 22:11 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-12-11 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've compiled a new binary for those who don't care about pulling from
sources:

	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/links/links-386.gz

It now renders sites such as theregister.co.uk, cnn.com and nytimes.com
without forcing select choking (can't blame it, though).

A Plan 9-only change: hitting the Ins key forces Links to refresh the
current screen. This is useful when the graphics driver doesn't flush large
images correctly. The above binary has the fix in it, or you can just
get the source from the same site.

Andrey

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, David Presotto wrote:

> I pushed out a new one to fix the links problem.  It works but
> leaves a process lying around (apparently an old problem).
> I'll fix that next.

* Re: [9fans] select
@ 2003-12-12  1:40   ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-12-12  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I've compiled a new binary for those who don't care about pulling from
> sources:
>
> 	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/links/links-386.gz

Thanks Andrey, this version is very stable.
Links has bookmarks!   Yes, I agree this is most uptodate web browser
for Plan 9, and I feel it's cute!

By the way, isn't it difficult to make it compile in native Plan 9
compilers?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] select
@ 2003-12-12  1:44     ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-12-12  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> By the way, isn't it difficult to make it compile in native Plan 9
> compilers?

s/isn't/is/  ☺

the font size of status line looks like too small, and it's hard to
read here (1600x1200x32).   Is it Ok for anyone else?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] select
@ 2003-12-12  3:46     ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-12-12  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> By the way, isn't it difficult to make it compile in native Plan 9
> compilers?

It required way too much work to compile under 8c (char * vs uchar *
was the main problem).  I know somebody in Germany is attempting to
get Links native for Plan9. If they're successfull then yes, otherwise no --
Links doesn't lend itself easily to porting....

andrey

* Re: [9fans] select
@ 2003-12-12  3:48       ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-12-12  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> By the way, isn't it difficult to make it compile in native Plan 9
>> compilers?
>
> s/isn't/is/  ☺
>
> the font size of status line looks like too small, and it's hard to
> read here (1600x1200x32).   Is it Ok for anyone else?
>
> Kenji

that's a bug officially identified on the web page...  i don't know
why it's happening, but it's a pain in the butt, and it certainly
doesn't appear under linux/bsd.

i'm looking into it...