* [9fans] Plan 9 and Inferno seminars in Japan
@ 2001-02-12 12:24 Dave Atkin
From: Dave Atkin @ 2001-02-12 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Vita Nuova is putting on two one-day seminars in Tokyo on 27 and 28 March 2001. See

	http://www.vitanuova.com/training/Spring_2001.html

The contents of the seminars will be as follows:

27 March - The Plan 9 Operating System

Its unifying distributed architecture will be explored, from the file-based 9P network
protocol to per-process namespaces.  We will demonstrate the novel Acme
integrating development environment and give a brief overview of the shell and
command set of Plan 9, which come with full Unicode support.  You will learn how
to use Plan 9 to easily build and run distributed applications written in C.

28 March - Inferno:  A Technology Overview

Introduction to the history and basic concepts of Inferno.  Its
unifying distributed architecture will be explored, from the
file-based Styx network protocol to per-process namespaces.  We will
demonstrate the novel Acme integrating development environment and
give a brief overview of the shell and command set of Inferno, which
come with full Unicode support.  In addition, we will describe Inferno's
Limbo programming language, emphasizing its automatic garbage
collection, support for multi-threaded and distributed programming,
and its relation to C. With the virtual operating environment provided
by Inferno, you will learn how to write truly portable distributed
applications that run in appliances, hosted on Unix or Windows, or
even in browser plug-ins.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-12 12:24 UTC | newest]