From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@lsub.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] better than what
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:14:34 +0100	[thread overview]

I wouldn't call /n/sources/nemo improvements,
but anyway, I try to keep then up to date.
I merge often our changes with those in sources, and
push changed /n/sources/nemo files back again.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2530 bytes --]

From: David Tolpin <dvd@davidashen.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] better than what
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:00:00 +0400 (AMT)

Various improved sources (/n/sources/nemo, for example), such as
alternative keyboard drivers and other things, are distributed as
replacements for files in the source tree. It is never known whether
they can safely replace files in the current source base or they
had been branched off a while ago and just writing them over would
lead to conflicts.

Any chance the improvements can be delivered in a form (e.g.
patch(1)), or context diff, or with a copy of the original tree,
or with another reference to the exact versions/dates of the original
files) that lets people like me know better than what the proposed
improvements are?

David