* [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-25 13:42 boyd
From: boyd @ 2003-07-25 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

why do i see this?

brahma Jul 25 09:08:59 delivered boyd From boyd Fri Jul 25 09:08:59 EDT 2003 158

should i not see domain!boyd?

* Re: [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-25 23:19 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2003-07-25 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I see similar log entries.  If you're mailing to domain!boyd, your
rewrite file must be stripping `domain!', as I'd expect, but then you
should see `(domain!boyd)' appended to the log entry.  For local mail,
'From boyd' is right; no domain is appended to the From address of
local mail, unless the recipient has a pipeto file.  The From: address
can be set in /mail/box/$user/headers.

* Re: [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-26 20:54 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-07-26 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> brahma Jul 25 09:08:59 delivered boyd From boyd Fri Jul 25 09:08:59 EDT 2003
158

ahh, me bad.  a had a typo in the .dict file.  fixed now.  flames to me.

* Re: [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-27  0:59   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-07-27  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it must be karma:

    This letter is not intended to to cause any embarrassment but just
    to contact your esteem self-following the knowledge of your high
    repute and trustworthiness

* Re: [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-27  0:53 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-07-27  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> There is something profoundly metaphysical in the
> hidden message: "brahma delivered boyd from boyd" ☺

maybe it worked:

    MY NAME IS LUZIZILA NZANZA FROM ...  I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT YOU
    AFTER MAKING SEVERAL RESEARCH ABOUT VERY HONEST,
    TRUSTWORTHY AND GOD FEARING PERSON ...

* Re: [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-27  0:03   ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2003-07-27  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > There is something profoundly metaphysical in the
> > hidden message: "brahma delivered boyd from boyd"
>
> LOL
>
> look, it's all dan cross' fault.  err, that and my typos ...

Bah!  It's really all Saroja's fault.  She gave me the idea to name
the CPU server brahma.  Besides, no one worships Brahma anymore; it's
my understand that there's only one temple to Brahma left in all of
India.  I guess that's what he gets for laughing at Shiva....

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] /sys/log/mail
@ 2003-07-26 23:42 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-07-26 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)