* [9fans] Re: http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist
@ 2006-01-27 13:44 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-01-27 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: Christoph Lohmann

cristoph says that  since the website was updated, the source
viewer looks bad. i think that this is the offending html --
the center tag seems to be centering each line and not the <pre>-enclosed
table cell:

<center>
<pre>
<!-- END HEADER -->
#include &lt;u.h&gt;
#include &lt;libc.h&gt;
#include "String.h"
[...]
</pre>

this looks bad with opera, anyway.

- erik

---

translation (by hand)

	the plan 9 website[0] was redesigned yesterday and cleaned up in
	general. however the source (troff and html) looks terrible but
	at least there finally is a web interface for sources with a constant
	look and the wiki is more integrated.

	(etc.)

* Re: [9fans] Re: http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist
@ 2006-01-27 15:32 ` Jason Gurtz
From: Jason Gurtz @ 2006-01-27 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 1/27/2006 08:44, erik quanstrom wrote:
> cristoph says that  since the website was updated, the source
> viewer looks bad. i think that this is the offending html --
> the center tag seems to be centering each line and not the <pre>-enclosed
> table cell:

Nixing the <center> and having

<pre>
[...]

would probably fix it.  The <center> tag is deprecated nowadays anyway.

~Jason

* Re: [9fans] Re: http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist
@ 2006-01-27 16:06   ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2006-01-27 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2006/1/27, Jason Gurtz <jason@tommyk.com>:
> On 1/27/2006 08:44, erik quanstrom wrote:
> > cristoph says that  since the website was updated, the source
> > viewer looks bad. i think that this is the offending html --
> > the center tag seems to be centering each line and not the <pre>-enclosed
> > table cell:
> >

> Nixing the <center> and having

> <pre>
> [...]
>
> would probably fix it.  The <center> tag is deprecated nowadays anyway.
>
> ~Jason

So're tables ;)

(I smell another 50 post thread coming on about the merits of HTML and
following standards and such.)

-D