* [9fans] [Heads-Up] Plan 9 Changes Emails
@ 2007-04-12  3:29 Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2007-04-12  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, some time ago, Uriel created some scripts
to monitor sources, and send emails to a mailing list when changes
were made. During a portion of that time, Russ also spent some time
annotating changes to the Plan 9 source tree. He stopped when it
started taking too much time.

In a recent thread, Russ posted the script he had used to generate
diffs. It runs rather quickly for me and I've been spending the last
couple of days annotating changes. I've had to annoy Geoff a couple of
times about his changes, but I feel like it has been productive and a
good thing. I've been able to make a couple of suggestions (and learn
a bit about the system myself), so it's a good practice and a good
project.

I just wanted to let people know where these changes can be found,
since it has been about a year since they've been maintained. You can
see changes starting at 2007-04-07 in /n/sources/extra/changes/2007.
Changesets are mailed daily via a script Uriel provides. These go to
the 9changes mailing list, which you can sign up for and view at
http://groups.google.com/group/plan9changes

It doesn't take up too much of my time, and hasn't been too much of a
stress, so I hope to be able to continue this project for some time.

Hope this is useful for some people.

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-04-12  3:29 UTC | newest]