* [9fans] creating my own bootable plan9 iso
@ 2009-05-15  8:48 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2009-05-15  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone got a script to generate a bootable plan9.iso cdrom image,
the mkfiles in /sys/lib/dist seem quite labs-specific.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] creating my own bootable plan9 iso
@ 2009-05-19  8:39 ` rsbohn
From: rsbohn @ 2009-05-19  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On May 15, 2:52�am, st...@quintile.net (Steve Simon) wrote:
> Anyone got a script to generate a bootable plan9.iso cdrom image,
> the mkfiles in /sys/lib/dist seem quite labs-specific.
>
> -Steve

I don't have anything automated, but you first generate a bootable
floppy or small HD image, then feed that to mk9660(8)
with -b image. I think the image also has to be in the proto file, and
works easier if in the root.

* Re: [9fans] creating my own bootable plan9 iso
@ 2009-05-19 12:48   ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2009-05-19 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/5/19 rsbohn <rsbohn@gmail.com>:
> On May 15, 2:52 am, st...@quintile.net (Steve Simon) wrote:
>> Anyone got a script to generate a bootable plan9.iso cdrom image,
>> the mkfiles in /sys/lib/dist seem quite labs-specific.
>>
>> -Steve

maht has some details on this. The stuff in /sys/lib/dist is indeed
very specific (I was asking this a while ago -- and I never got
anything put together that actually worked!) to the Labs, which is
somewhat unfortunate. I hate being negative towards the Labs, and I
know it isn't that difficult to put a CD together, but it would really
be nice to have some of the curtains pulled, because it's not
straightforward from the getgo.

`Everything' is explained here:

http://maht0x0r.blogspot.com/2009/01/plan9-boot-cd.html
http://maht0x0r.blogspot.com/2007/11/roll-your-own-plan9-iso.html