* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-29  5:03 dmr
From: dmr @ 2004-02-29  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> it's for the linux/bsd port of the plan9 libs.. you'll need to modify the mkfile

> I had.  8c's preprocessor doesn't handle '#if  XXX>1' type of things. Is
> it supposed to use pcc?

8c -p (generally ?c -p) uses the full preprocessor, if
that's your problem.

	Dennis

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-29  6:29 ` 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-29  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 8c -p (generally ?c -p) uses the full preprocessor, if
> that's your problem.

Thanks. I should have checked the man page. links is taxing on 8c's tact.

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-29  5:06           ` 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-29  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> it's for the linux/bsd port of the plan9 libs.. you'll need to modify the mkfile

I had.  8c's preprocessor doesn't handle '#if  XXX>1' type of things. Is
it supposed to use pcc?

cpu% diff mkfile /n/tapefs/mkfile
1c1,2
< </$objtype/mkfile
---
> PLAN9=/usr/local/plan9
> <$PLAN9/src/mkhdr
79c80
< </sys/src/cmd/mkone
---
> <$PLAN9/src/mkone

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-29  4:43       ` 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-29  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>   http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~rsc/links-native-plan9.tar.gz

I'm having not-so-obvious header inclusion problems. I don't think the mkfile
is right.  Anyone else tried compiling it yet?

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-29  2:56         ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-29  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-02-28 21:04     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-02-28 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> and even links blows up fairly often.  Russ was reworking it.  Any
> news on that?

I got it mostly done, but got stalled trying to get the TCP
connection scheduling working.  I just put what I have at

  http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~rsc/links-native-plan9.tar.gz

if anyone is interested in picking up the torch.

I spent a little while looking at web browsers yesterday
(I'm sick of using FreeBSD and would like to switch back
to Plan 9, but one important requirement is having a web
browser for day-to-day stuff).  I'm not even that happy with
any of the web browsers available to me on FreeBSD, so I've
kind of resigned myself to having a web browser for the 80%
I do on simple pages, and then use Windows for the rest.
I took another look at Charon.  Maybe the right solution is
to get the Plan 9 shims working so that Charon looks like
a Plan 9 window.  One big thing that both Charon and Links are
missing is the ability to highlight text on web pages and
then snarf it.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-28  2:39   ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-02-28  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

and even links blows up fairly often.  Russ was reworking it.  Any
news on that?

* RE: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-28  1:46 Trickey, Howard W (Howard)
From: Trickey, Howard W (Howard) @ 2004-02-28  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu'

But it's unfinished, sorry.

> 	home% cd /n/sources/contrib/i

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-28  1:35 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-02-28  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The only one we have that works is the links one.

* [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-28  1:28 David Tolpin
From: David Tolpin @ 2004-02-28  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The wiki mentions i browser from contrib.iso from 'Additional software', which
I failed to find there. What is the web browser for plan9 and where to get?

David

* Re: [9fans] i?
@ 2004-02-28  0:42 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-28  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> The wiki mentions i browser from contrib.iso from 'Additional software', which
> I failed to find there. What is the web browser for plan9 and where to get?
>
> David

do you have account for sources?

	home% 9fs sources
	post...