* [9fans] acme Mail and several folders; caching
@ 2012-12-09 16:07 rudolf.sykora
From: rudolf.sykora @ 2012-12-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I'd like to run acme Mail with several folders (is that a proper
name?) open. All the mail I read comes from my gmail account via imap.
I want to have eg. my 'INBOX' and 'plan9' folders visible.

When I run '9 Mail' and '9 Mail plan9' from an acme tag line, though a
list of messages in both folders appears in the two acme windows, only
the INBOX window is kept updated in that when a new mail arrives I
also see it being added to the list displayed in acme.

Is there anything I can do so that all folders are updated in acme?

Finally (but not so importantly), has anyone considered some caching
(as eg. mutt does)? Loading the 'plan9' folder from gmail takes well
about a minute.

Thanks!
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] acme Mail and several folders; caching
@ 2012-12-11 14:27 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-12-11 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Finally (but not so importantly), has anyone considered some caching
> (as eg. mutt does)? Loading the 'plan9' folder from gmail takes well
> about a minute.

the upas/fs in contrib quanstro/nupas does do caching.  it was
written become i had a few users with 500mb mailboxes, and since
access was slow (the file server had a couple 100gb ide disks), the
imap mail client timed out and opened the mail box again.  since the
file server didn't have more than ~100 mb of buffers, this would
make the second download slower.  rince, rather, repeat until
the mail host goes boom.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] acme Mail and several folders; caching
@ 2012-12-09 16:15 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2012-12-09 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Also, it now seems to me, that having two folders open and sending a
*single* message from acme results in the message being sent twice...
Sorry for the inconvenience, but it wasn't done on purpose.

Ruda

* [9fans] acme Mail and several folders; caching
@ 2012-12-09 15:57 rudolf.sykora