* Re: [9fans] draw and Porter-Duff compositing algebra
@ 2002-06-13  1:17 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-06-13  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I added the operators to draw.h along with space in
the devdraw protocol to send them, but haven't done
any implementation.  I don't actually think it would
be so hard, but I haven't had a driving need and other
things have taken my time.  If performance is not too
much of an issue, it wouldn't be so hard to add the
necessary code to alphadraw in /sys/src/libmemdraw/draw.c.
You'd have to define a bunch more Calcfns in the manner
of alphacalc for each operator, or you could generalize
alphacalc if that wasn't too inefficient.  Given the current
code, it probably wouldn't be noticeable.

The real reason I haven't done it is that I'd like to
get good performance on the trivial cases (like the Zero
operator), but that requires lots of special case
handling that I haven't yet enumerated.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] draw and Porter-Duff compositing algebra
@ 2002-06-12 19:41 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-06-12 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you'll find that the operator names now appear in
/sys/include/draw.h, awaiting only the implementation ...

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2007 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] draw and Porter-Duff compositing algebra
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:29:11 +0100 (BST)

Hallo,

 From my reading of they apropriate man
pages, I understand that the Plan 9 graphics
system uses the concepts from the
Porter-Duff compositing model, with the
matte described by the alpha channel.

Why however, is not the whole compositn
algebra implemented (all 11(?) operations
and 'plus'), and plan 9 only implement the
'over' operator ?

Thanks miuch
--Elizabeth

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

* [9fans] draw and Porter-Duff compositing algebra
@ 2002-06-12 17:29 Elizabeth Strumph