* [9fans] p9 source browser?
@ 2001-11-30 21:41 andrey
From: andrey @ 2001-11-30 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hello,

the plan9 source browser has been down for several days now. i know the
disclaimer says there is no guarantee that the machine is going to be up
at all, however it would be nice if p9-less people (without local
installation) could access the source...

the site i'm referring to is:
 http://offworld.fac.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/9login

regards, andrey

* Re: [9fans] p9 source browser?
@ 2001-12-05 16:29 ` Ralph Corderoy
From: Ralph Corderoy @ 2001-12-05 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi andrey,

> the plan9 source browser has been down for several days now. i know
> the disclaimer says there is no guarantee that the machine is going
> to be up at all, however it would be nice if p9-less people (without
> local installation) could access the source...
>
> the site i'm referring to is:
>  http://offworld.fac.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/9login

Yes, I too missed it being there this morning when I wanted to look
something up.  Anyone know if it's gone forever?

Cheers,

Ralph.

* Re: [9fans] p9 source browser?
@ 2002-12-18  9:34       ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-12-18  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If 2) would be an issue, and if there is something existing
that justs needs a home (rather than being rebuild) I could
probably offer it a home here at university of twente
(assuming I will be here still for a while).
Assuming it runs under unix and not plan 9 itself, bandwidth
should not be an issue, I think we have pretty good connections
(our campusnet for a while was a bit infamous due to that :-/)

Axel.

> I can put one here at the university of calgary, but there are a few
> questions about it:
>
> 1. license issues need to be resolved the same way they were at offworld
> 2. i cannot guarantee that the site will be up for more than two years
> (i'm just a student, after all)
>
> bandtwidth is not an issue -- not too many people interested ;)

* Re: [9fans] p9 source browser?
@ 2002-12-17 23:41     ` Matthew Weigel
From: Matthew Weigel @ 2002-12-17 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Wynne; +Cc: 9fans

> Yes, sorry everyone. I left CMU at the end of 2000, and
> although one hardy fellow staffer kept it going for a while,
> it eventually went by the wayside. It would be nice to have
> something like it back with all intervening versions,
> somewhere. I miss it, too.

I'm afraid that I never had the time to upgrade the installed
apache after the pre-1.3.26 (IIRC) exploit came out.  What's
more, offworld developed a propensity to wedge so the few times
I tried, I couldn't keep it up long enough to even try.

I'm in the middle of a project with a close deadline right now,
but I'll try to work on it after the new year; offworld won't be
the host, so if I get something up it will probably only have 4e
sources to start with.

Given the long-term interest, though, it *does* seem like a
worthy project to ressurect.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 Research Systems Programmer

* Re: [9fans] p9 source browser?
@ 2002-12-17 23:15     ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-12-17 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I can put one here at the university of calgary, but there are a few questions about it:

1. license issues need to be resolved the same way they were at offworld
2. i cannot guarantee that the site will be up for more than two years (i'm just a student,
after all)

bandtwidth is not an issue -- not too many people interested ;)

andrey

@ 2002-12-17 23:14   ` Stephen Wynne
From: Stephen Wynne @ 2002-12-17 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-12-17 22:09 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-12-17 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it's been off for a very long time.

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Joel Salomon wrote:

> $ ping offworld.fac.cs.cmu.edu
> no answer from offworld.fac.cs.cmu.edu
> :-(
>
> --Joel
> Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of
> the tunnel has been turned off.

* [9fans] p9 source browser?
@ 2002-12-17 21:59 Joel Salomon