* Re: [9fans] Ottawa Spring 2020
@ 2019-11-08  2:12 ori
From: ori @ 2019-11-08  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori, lyndon, 9fans

>> BSDCan is June 3-6 2020.  There's a Postgres conference the week
>> before at the same venue, so I'll be in Ottawa from May 25 to June
>> 12 (taking some vacation time after BSDCan).  If anyone wants to
>> do an informal get-together, let's see what we can work out.
>
> (Off-list response)

Or maybe not so off list. Oops.

In any case, we're still settling on a location for the event, and
having someone local and willing to do the legwork/recieve gear/do
setup/talk to venues/... is important.

* Re: [9fans] Ottawa Spring 2020
@ 2019-11-11 14:32 ` Chris McGee
From: Chris McGee @ 2019-11-11 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I live nearby and was considering attending BSDCan this year. How many
people do we think might be in the city around that time and interested in
a get-together? I think I count 3 or 4 at the moment.

There seemed to have been some interest about Plan 9 on Twitter among the
BSDCan groups when I did a post about it. I wonder if we they would mind
some non-BSD talks, BoF sessions at the conference itself? I think that the
call for papers deadline is in late January.

Cheers,
Chris

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:27 PM Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:

> BSDCan is June 3-6 2020.  There's a Postgres conference the week
> before at the same venue, so I'll be in Ottawa from May 25 to June
> 12 (taking some vacation time after BSDCan).  If anyone wants to
> do an informal get-together, let's see what we can work out.
>
> --lyndon

* Re: [9fans] Ottawa Spring 2020
@ 2019-11-08  2:06 ori
From: ori @ 2019-11-08  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lyndon, 9fans

> BSDCan is June 3-6 2020.  There's a Postgres conference the week
> before at the same venue, so I'll be in Ottawa from May 25 to June
> 12 (taking some vacation time after BSDCan).  If anyone wants to
> do an informal get-together, let's see what we can work out.

(Off-list response)

..How close to Ottawa are you?  The University of Ottawa may actually
not be a bad venue for holding the "official" iwp9/hackathon.  Or
maybe one of the other Canadian universities, like McGill.

(Universities tend to be relatively cheap, and also sometimes have the
student housing available cheaply over the summer.)