* RE: [9fans] pcauth kernel panic
@ 2004-06-18 12:42 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2004-06-18 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

 > It seems to me that he tries to mount a kfs file system, am i right?

If you're using fossil, you need to add /386/bin/fossil/fossil into the
boot
directory also. See the end of the kernel configuration file.
The files listed there get actually compiled _into_ the kernel and make
kind of "virtual" directory called /boot.

* [9fans] pcauth kernel panic
@ 2004-06-18 12:37 tt.gustavsson
From: tt.gustavsson @ 2004-06-18 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have followed the instructions for making a cpu kernel in the wiki.

I downloaded the latest sources  in /sys/src/9 ...

I made a kernel with smp enabled and thought to use it in place of my working
terminal, on a dual PPro machine, with fossil as a filesystem.

Is this wrong to use fossil as the main filesystem on a cpu/auth, what kernel options
needs to be put into the mk file for this to work (actually i would like to use the cpu
server as a fileserver as well, but that will be another day).

Anyway I setup a serial console that received the following messages when the new
kernel was booting:

Plan 9
cpu0: 200MHz GenueineIntel PentiumPro (cpuid: AX 0x0619 DX 0xFBFF)
ELCR: 0800
cpu1: 200MHz GenueineIntel PentiumPro (cpuid: AX 0x0617 DX 0xFBFF)
#l0: rtl8139: 10Mbps port 0x8000 irq 11: 0050FC8DC409
22565 free pages 90260K bytes, 730260 swap
root is from (tcp, il, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fossil]:
user[none]: bootes
kfs...File system main inconsistent
Would you like to ream it (y/n)?
tag =panic: boot process died: sys: write on closed pipe pc=0x00006dfc
Tnone; expected Tdir; addr = 2
kfs init 7: FID1 attach to root
kfs 7: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x0 pc=0x0001cab3
vedumpstack
rsion...panic: boot process died: sys: write on closed pipe pc=0x00006dfc
ktrace /kernel/path 801067af 800099d4
estackx 80009c10

It seems to me that he tries to mount a kfs file system, am i right?

/Tony G

* Re: [9fans] pcauth kernel panic
@ 2004-06-18 12:35 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-06-18 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you might have a fossil partition, but the kernel seems to be starting
kfs, which won't be too happy with a fossil partition.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3834 bytes --]