* [9fans] Spice2g6 using f2c/plan9 was: Modern development language for Plan 9, WAS: Re: RESOLVED:
@ 2011-02-25  8:50 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2011-02-25  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
>> Agreed, but is there a FORTRAN compiler/cross-compiler for Plan 9?
>
> f2c (from netlib) is trivial to get running.  This gives you Fortran 77. It
> has been sufficient for my needs (spice, zork, some grib stuff).
>
> --lyndon

Do you have spice mkfiles available somewhere?

regards
fernan

* Re: [9fans] Spice2g6 using f2c/plan9 was: Modern development language for Plan 9, WAS: Re: RESOLVED:
@ 2011-02-25 21:10 ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2011-02-25 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Do you have spice mkfiles available somewhere?

Spice died when my previous venti server blew up.  Re-doing
the port is on my todo list, but not very high at the moment.

* Re: [9fans] Spice2g6 using f2c/plan9 was: Modern development language for Plan 9, WAS: Re: RESOLVED:
@ 2011-02-27  1:45   ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2011-02-27  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lyndon Nerenberg; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
>> Do you have spice mkfiles available somewhere?
>
> Spice died when my previous venti server blew up.  Re-doing
> the port is on my todo list, but not very high at the moment.

I have been trying to get a circuit simulator working on plan9 for
sometime, but failed. I only realize spice2 would  be a good candidate
after you posted that you got it working.

I have copied spice2g6 in my contrib
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/fernan/spice2.tgz

spice2 is in fortran, I included the f2c translation incase you dont
want to bother with f2c. You will still need the libf2c to compile
though.