* [9fans] new commands in xplor
@ 2011-01-09 17:40 Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2011-01-09 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

for those interested, I've added two new commands to xplor: Win and Xplor.

Win opens a new acme win with an rc, and Xplor obviously a new win
with an xplor.
By default they open by default at the root of the current xplor, but
the neat thing is you can chord 2-1 on them and they'll open at
whatever location your cursor points at in the current xplor.

I needed Win because I was tired to cd back and forth between
different locations "far" away from each other, I find it's nicer to
open new wins from xplor.
The Xplor one is kindof for the same reason but also to compensate for
the slowness of xplor with big directories (the reason for that is I'm
doing all the path lookups by going up the text, as there is no real
tree structure behind the scenes, so the further down the list a file
is, the slower it gets). Opening a new xplor with the root set to the
directory you're interested in allows for faster lookups in there.

Comments very welcome.

https://bitbucket.org/mpl/xplor

Cheers,
Mathieu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-01-09 17:40 UTC | newest]