* [9fans] troff macro II
@ 2011-03-24 16:54 Rudolf Sykora
       [not found] ` <AANLkTin9Kh3O6qP-tw2VEUSiQsq+K97LXEsCgGOvcwHC@mail.gmail.com>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2011-03-24 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello 9fans,

since in the previous thread started by me ('troff macros for
typesetting books/longer texts') nobody touched my question about
producing wanted headings, I started experimenting, but so far has not
been quite successful.

Since text to appear in my headings is to mirror section names, like
'1.2', and a beginning of such a section appears somewhere lower on a
page---definitely below the page heading---, I must create a page
heading just after the very page is filled, i.e., as I feel, the
heading could actually be produced when the ms .BT macro (usually used
to typeset footings) is called. So I naively tried to redefine the .BT
macro, actually, by just appending 4 extra lines:

.de BT
.nr PX \\n(.s
.nr PF \\n(.f
.ft 1
.ps \\n(PS
'lt \\n(LTu
.po \\n(POu
.if \\n%>0 .tl \(ts\\*(LF\(ts\\*(CF\(ts\\*(RF\(ts
.ft \\n(PF
.ps \\n(PX
.\"  ABOVE IS THE ORIGINAL, BELOW MY APPENDIX
.mk
\v'|0.5i'
.tl 'a'b'c'
.rt
..

Please consider this just as an experiment (no point-size changes,...).
This for some reason doesn't work.
Since some of you probably have experience, could sb. tell what is wrong?

Thank you
Ruda