* [9fans] plot(6) and troff
@ 2003-11-13  7:16 cej
From: cej @ 2003-11-13  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>  You probably really want to use `grap | pic | troff -ms' rather than
>  `graph | plot'.  I think the plot back-end for troff has gone away.

that is exactly what i was afraid of :-(
we have a VERY UGLY dichotomy in graphic languages, as i noticed earlier on the list
would love to have a single scheme of rendering text, maths, vector graphics, bitmap graphics... etc. -->  on any device
thus would prefer grap | pic | troff line, if there were not for map | graph | plot...
sigh
yes, and if there were an elegant option to include bitmaps within the troff pipeline
just an eternal newbie's opinion
sigh, sigh
any reaction?

++pac.

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.538 / Virová báze: 333 - datum vydání: 10. 11. 2003

* Re: [9fans] plot(6) and troff
@ 2003-11-12 10:41 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2003-11-12 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-11-12  9:10 cej
From: cej @ 2003-11-12  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This is from plot(6) manpage:
   o string   Open plotting device. For troff, string specifies the size of the plot (default is 6i).
   cl      Close plotting device.

How can I use plot(6) commands with troff?

Sorry, if dull Q.
++pac.

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.536 / Virová báze: 331 - datum vydání: 3. 11. 2003