* [9fans] system rescue from CD??
@ 2007-08-07  7:13 cej
From: cej @ 2007-08-07  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

S.O.S.

my system (fossil based single terminal) stopped to be bootable
however, fsys check showed no errors, thus the files should be still there.

Can I rescue the system from the install/live CD?
If so, how?

I also tried to mount the fossil fs as 'old' on another system,
this way (although I studied fossil(4) and fossilcons(8), I'm not very
sure what I was doing):

fossil/conf -w /dev/sdC1/fossil<<EOF
fsys old config /dev/sdC1/fossil
fsys old open -APVWr
fsys old
srv -AWp fscons
srv -AWp fossil
EOF
fossil/fossil -f /dev/sdC1/fossil
mount /srv/fossil /n/fossil

ERR:
%mount: mount /n/fossil: bad fversion conversion on reply

Any help much appreciated,
sincerely,

++pac

* Re: [9fans] system rescue from CD??
@ 2007-08-07  9:07 ` nemo
From: nemo @ 2007-08-07  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

You can boot from the install CD, then you can
bind -b '#S' /dev
so you see your local disk,
and fossil/fossil -f /dev/sdC0/fossil (or your partition)
to mount your local fossil.

There are some fs check commands in the fossil conf.  man page that
might help.

Did you overwrite the fossil conf you had?
Is the bad fversion msg what you get when you boot from your fossil?

* RE: [9fans] system rescue from CD??
@ 2007-08-08  9:55   ` cej
From: cej @ 2007-08-08  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans